Location: Descanso Bay Campground Gabriola Island, British Columbia
The Gabriola NVC Trainer Jam, along with the Gabriola NVC Summer Camp, is 3-6 days of experimenting with your edges around sharing NVC, supported by structure, community, fun, and nature.
This could include incorporating something new into what you already offer, or offering something for the first time; trying out something that you've experienced as a participant, or creating something entirely new.
What does the Jam look like?
"Jammers" gather for the first three days to experiment with your (and other jammers') workshop ideas and any other edges you may be working on. You'll take a look at what it means to hold the diverse needs of a group, of community and how to do that together during the Camp.
You'll have the option to swim in Descanso Bay, explore the woods, do yoga on the point, spend time alone or check out what Gabriola Island has to offer.
The Jam wraps up as people arrive for the Gabriola NVC Summer Camp onThursday July 21. We shift into "test" phase during the 3-day Camp, and offer our sessions to eager campers. You get to choose when and how much you offer.
How does the Camp work?
Check out our camp website for more information about the camp. We'd love for you to bring family and friends!
What do we provide?
- An amazing group of people to work with you on your ideas
- Three days of structure, encouragement, feedback and stimulation
- Mentorship and support as you step up to your edge
- A camp full of participants eager to try out your newest, latest, greatest and edgiest
- A beautiful setting with places to swim, hike, bike and explore
- Training days and feedback for CNVC Certification Candidates
What are you responsible for?
- Registration cost (sliding scale) of $199-$350 (covers Jam and Camp)
- Camping fee of $17/night (shared site/cost if you like)
- Food (either $100 for 6 days shared food or bring your own food options)
- Everything you need to survive (sleeping bag, clothes, sunscreen, etc..)
- Arrive on Monday July 18th, set up your tent/camper, and meet our jammers
- Participate in the Jam from Monday to Thursday
- Welcome campers as they arrive on Thursday
Ready to sign up?
Great! Please email us directly to start the process.
If you don't already know us well, we'd like to know more about you:
- what excites you about this experience?
- What potential do you see for yourself and for the group?
- what fears might you have about it?
- what are your initial ideas for what you might experiment with?