We all want to relate to ourselves and others with compassion and respect. We want to be caring of others, while not being “pushovers”. How do we honour and express what’s happening for us inside? Especially in situations with conflict or painful emotions.
Compassionate Communication, (also known as Nonviolent Communication - NVC) offers clear principles and practices that support people to stay present in difficult situations and mindful in their every day moments and connections.
Created by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, Compassionate Communication is an approach that addresses the most common barriers to communication, and offers greater possibilities for collaboration, mutual acceptance, and support. It has been used widely in organizations, schools, businesses, relationships, and families.
Compassionate Communication is a heartfelt way to listen, speak, and live – with others, and with the many voices and aspects of ourselves. It transforms conflicts into moments of learning and connecting with what is most important to us and others.
Through structured activities using real situations, you will begin to:
- Shift from judgments and guilt toward curiosity and mutual understanding
- Change from blame, to an understanding of our common values
- Develop self-compassion and find more choice in our experiences and relationships
- Express your feelings and desires in ways that can be heard
We will be gathering on beautiful Gabriola. Your registration includes 2 days plus one evening of training, materials, snacks and tea/coffee. Please bring a lunch.
Please get in touch to register and indicated whether you are interested in accommodation.
Facilitator: Angela Walkley
Dates/TIme: Friday, March 16 6-9pm, March 17/18 9am-5pm
Workshop Fee: $230
Accommodations: $35-$90 per night.
1. If the program is cancelled by the organizer, a full refund will be given.
2. If a participant cancels 2 weeks or more prior to the program,
Option 1: full refund minus $50.00 admin fee.
Option 2: $50.00 admin fee can be transferred to another program offered by Farthest Shore for the participant or someone else.
3. If a participant cancels less than 2 weeks prior to the program, no refund will be given. The participant can transfer the amount paid to another program offered by Farthest Shore for the participant or someone else.