One day to deepen and practice Compassionate Communication
This one day of deepening and practice is offered to all the people who did a two days introduction in NonViolent Communication (NVC).
This workshop is for you if you would like to practice:
– how to express you feelings and needs in a way that it can be received
– how to say no without breaking the relationship
– how to make clear requests and create agreements
– how to exchange feedback in a constructive way
– how to deal with high triggers and conflict escalation
Coffee and tea will be served as well as light snacks.
Please bring your own cold lunch, we will be eating together in the Pacific Gardens dining room from 12 to 2pm.
50$ – 125$ sliding scale for 6 hours of training
To confirm registration:
Please pay by Etransfer to email@example.com to reserve your spot. I will reserve you a spot after receiving a confirmation
*** How to decide how much to pay? **
Here is some considerations to decide how much you wish to contribute (source: https://www.ridefreefearlessmoney.com/blog/2016/05/sliding-scale-1/)
Consider paying less on the scale if you.
– are supporting children or have other dependents
– have significant debt
– have medical expenses not covered by insurance
– receive public assistance
– have immigration-related expenses
– are an elder with limited financial support
– are an unpaid community organizer
– are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
Consider paying more on the scale if you:
– own the home you live in
– have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
– travel recreationally
– have access to family money and resources in times of need
– work part time by choice
– have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.) Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, I ask you to recognize this as a choice.
If 50$ is still a barrier, please communicate with me.
You registration will be confirmed upon reception of the funds.
– More than 10 days before the workshop: 100% refund minus 15$ of administrative fees
– Between 10 days and 48 hours before the workshop: 50% refund
– Less than 48 hours before the workshop: no refund unless someone takes your place
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) has been a very important in my life since I was a child. It is a process and a way of relating to each other that my parents have invited in our family since I was very little. I can see how much it has helped and still helps to nurture our relationships in my nuclear family of six people and with my husband, son and neighbors.
After reading and experiencing by my-self for many years, I joined a community and studied Nonviolent Communication in Montreal. Meanwhile, I offered workshops with Erik Pena Salazar from Communication Synergie. I am now a candidate for certification and collaborate with Farthest Shore, a training center for NVC on Gabriola Island (http://www.farthestshore.org/).
I feel so grateful about having NVC in my life that I want to share it with others. I have the deep conviction that the way we relate to ourselves and to each other is at the core of the type of violence we observe and perpetuate in the world. I also think that we need to make a deep change in the way we relate to ourselves, to each other and to the planet if we want to survive as a species on this planet. And I definitely want to be part of this change! I am combining my NVC work to nature connection and improvisation approaches.
To know more about me, please visit: http://www.myriamverzat.com.